giovedì 3 aprile 2014

DIY high voltage power source

Hi guys, today I'm here with a nice post about how to create High Voltage Power Sources.
First of all: I'm not responsible of your use of the information in this post. 
I'm also not responsible if you hurt yourself or someone near you.
Before doing stupid things remember High Voltage kills (or even hurt really badly).



I'm posting about 3 main methods to have a nice power supply.
1)BUG ZAPPER TRANSFORMER
Inside  a bug zapper there is a little nice transformer that can raise voltage up to 600V.



I used this circuit for the cockroft walton voltage multiplier.

2)MICROWAVE OVEN TRANSFORMER (MOT) 
You can fin this transformer inside a microwave oven. It raises voltage up to 4kv.
It's probably the most dangerous type of transformer I'll talk about (1.5KW).



You can use this transformer for a tesla coil or a jacob ladder.

3) BALLAST HID
This component is used for the xenon lights on cars. You can buy it for 15/20€ .
To use it I needed another transformer (3.2A 12v).




Here is a video of some HV arcs I made:



I hope you like this post, if you have any question just comment, and remember to pay attention, high voltage hurts.

Bye, Dami


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento